Friday, November 30, 2012

Emma's Turn

It's finally my turn to get Janet to post a blog for us.  Noodles always hogs the limelight, but I am here and so is Janet!

Janet has a routine when she comes to PDX to dog sit us.  She always takes Ruby and I for a spin round the 'hood in the morning and in the evening.  On alternate days, I get to go for an hour long walk around Fairview Lake. Rubs is really old now and sleeps away most of the day, so she doesn't get to go.  On the other days, Janet walks to one of three restaurants in Fairview for lunch.  As soon as we get back from our little spin round the 'hood, I bolt back for the door, hoping she will have forgotten that we did that yesterday.  She NEVER forgets!  She is also off her lunches out as two days in a row, she stayed home with us.
Bacon and Tomato Sandwish
Oddly enough, she has grown tired of eating sandwiches for supper.  Janet was going to make Red Lentil Carrot Soup, but apparently red lentils are a scarce commodity in this neck of the woods.  Instead, she made Split Pea Soup with Ham in Brownyn's slow cooker.  She had never made this before and thought it turned out pretty good.
Ready to go - just push the button!

Topped with the croutons she made that weren't burned to a crisp!
Today was one of our Fairview Lake days and it was really nice out!  Everyday up until now has been freezing cold with bitter winds or freezing cold with bitter winds and rain.  Move over, Maui - it's all about Fairview today this morning.  Guess what?  The weather party was short lived!


This was the really nice part of the day.
Here I am getting into the back of the car.  This is the beginning and end of my effort.  I always have to be lifted in. Seriously, why bust my butt jumping in if one of the people will help me?  It also gives me some "cute helpless puppy" cred.
While it looks like I am not wearing a collar or leash, I actually am and Janet is holding onto the leash.  She says I have selective hearing, so can't go off leash.
Somehow, Mrs. Good Housekeeping  managed to turn a perfectly white bath mat into a soft mauve colour.  As we speak, it's in the washing machine with bleach!
I'm doing my best to have a relaxing visit with Janet.  She's not the taskmaster everyone says she is!




2 comments:

  1. thanks for taking such great care of emma! she is so cute when she waits to get lifted into the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow cookers are the best! That split pea soup looks pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete