Monday, May 27, 2013

It's A New Era!

Janet would have blogged for us last week, but she was exhausted!  She turned 60 years old last week and the non stop parade of parties and festivities that Phil had arranged have nearly wiped her out.  It was one huge event after another!  Phil was brilliant about keeping it all a secret, so Janet was super unimpressed.  She said some bad words.  More than once.

Sorry, we don't have any photographic evidence of the soirees.

But, you know Janet....always looking for the silver lining in the dark cloud.  She says that being 60 is a whole new world.....of discounts!  If she had been 60 instead of 59 years and 361 days, she could have save $3 at the Highland Games.  She thinks this is just the tip of the iceberg!  We doggies kind of think getting old and getting cheaper go hand in hand!

However, at her work, they did surprise her with a piece of cake:
The really sad part is that it would appear once a person turns 60, their intelligence diminishes.   Here is Janet with a coffee disaster at work.

It's the old "fill up the already full container" trick.  Janet was the only person working behind the counter, so was unable to blame it on someone else.
See how clever I am?  The door was closed, but not tight.  I was able to use my nose, first on the door knob and then on the door to open it for myself.
See how lazy Noodles is?
Noodles thinks she is sitting on some kind of a throne and dictating orders.
See how tired we are after all the birthday celebrations?
Noodles....seriously, put your head on the bed.  It's way more comfortable!
We are still waiting for our baby and it's been one full year since Briana and Ted got married!




1 comment:

  1. I can't believe what a bad chum I am for not calling last week. I checked my calendar to see if I was in an accident or something, but no such luck! Please know I've been thinking about you - even if not on the right day. Guess my party invite got lost in the mail. Darn Canada Post. But if it's as bad as you say, before long you'll forget that I didn't call, right?

    ReplyDelete