Tuesday, November 18, 2014

We Actually Get On The Sand!

This is huge when walking with major anal pants easy going Janet!  We actually got on the beach! She didn't plan it, but here is how it unfolded - we went to Willows Beach Park for Noodles favourite walk.  Janet let her off leash and Noodles strolled along the side fence until we arrived at the playground.  All of a sudden, Noodles picks up her pace (who knew she had it in her!) and starts trooping over to the stairs to the beach.  Noodles whipped out her "I'm a deaf doggie card" (if interested, she could also sell you some pencils with her little doggie sized deaf card) and bolted.  Of course, I also had to join in on the sandy fun!
The sand quotient is quite diminished by the amount of seaweed.

Nice roll, Noodles!

I'm going to enjoy eating this kelp as quickly as possible as I know Janet will call the party to a halt.
Yesterday, we went to Fireman's Park, and again Noodles plays deaf.  They are digging big trenches for underground sprinklers.  She boxes herself in and her only option is to jump across the trench.  Noodles mind might be 8 years old, but she forgets her body is almost 13!  In an effort to save themselves many dollars of Vet bills, Phil gave her a hand.



Noodles In Air!  Dollar Wise Phil could see the potential credit card damage!
What's Janet cooking these days?  Broccoli Cheddar Soup.  Yummy.
Pioneer Woman recipe.
Butter Chicken Schnitzel from Vij Home Cooking Cook Book.  Janet said also yummy.
Janet's "studio" doesn't have enough floor space to lay out a larger than baby size quilt, so she has to put it on the living room floor.  I just love to help.  In fact, I think it might be one of my favourite things!
Janet, this backing is to die for!

And the batting appears to be of a high quality!

This photo is after I was actually dragged off the quilting project but still felt the need for some involvement.
I want to be best buddies with these guys!  I love flying leaves.  I am more relaxed now but I used to yank like crazy to chase leaves in the wind.  I was super excited and started to pull Janet to the pile they were blowing.
This is Janet's latest quilt project.  I think we told you before she bought the fabric in the UK and it was a British designer with the fabric made in the UK.  Janet says it was a bit pricey, but WTF she wanted the UK aspect.  She didn't want to make Phil wait, so she didn't check to see how the prices compared to fabrics from home or the U.S.
Playing with the pieces.






No comments:

Post a Comment