Friday, May 8, 2015

Janet Comes Home To A Super Surprise!

When Janet called Phil to let him know what time she was arriving back in Victoria, he was having a small fit about how she was coming home a day early (not true!) and about how much tidying up he had to do before Janet's arrival.  Mrs. Anal Cleaner thinks to herself (wisely, she doesn't verbalize) that "perhaps if you had tidied throughout the 12 days, it wouldn't be an issue".

Turns out, while Janet was away, Phil arranged to have all the floors in our house refinished, with the exception of the kitchen and spare bedroom.  Bonus!  We even slept downstairs two nights and I had never been downstairs previously.  Janet had no clue this was happening!
As shiny as could be and he sparkled up our doggie beds.
Janet and Phil went to Costco and look what Mr. Tightwad grudgingly purchased me - Wilderness Pals!  I've had my Prairie Pals for some time and they are quite disgusting looking so this was super fun.  Janet picked up 9 toys I had out the other day and put them back in my toy basket.  I do love my toys!


Janet whipped up another baby quilt - this one she actually quilted herself and is grateful that small children are not aware of even stitch length and straight rows.
Remember the quilt back that had to come back from LongArm Arlenes?  Small wonder she sent it back - check out the water colour after Janet treated the batik fabric.
Janet actually knew better, but forgot she had to treat batik fabric.
Bronwyn was able to bring a quilt kit to Maui that Janet ordered.  Check it out - top, back and binding for $100!  What's not to like?
Phil made a super bunch of food - Janet hates dog food making night - even though she has precious little involvement.
Looks yummy, Phil.
t
I found another ball!  I'm up to about 15 now, this spring alone.  Truthfully, it's not nearly the sport it was last year - now I know where to look for them and they are so easy to find.
The adults had home made popcorn - first time in many years.





No comments:

Post a Comment