Thursday, August 28, 2014

Woe Is Me...And Janet!

Whilst dashing and dancing through the park and the yards of people I am not supposed to go in, I got a piece of grass caught in my eye.  Janet and Phil both said it looked gross and I was a bad puppy girl and kept rubbing it with my paw.  Next up - a trip to see Dr. Smith.

You won't believe his remedy:

Brew a strong pot of tea; let the tea bags cool and then gently apply to the affected eye.  After the tea bags are used up, dip cotton pads in the cold tea.  Weird, right?
Dr. Phil applying the tea soaked pad.  I also have another infection in the "nether regions" for which I need to take antibiotics.  Sheesh!  Dr. Phil loves me.
Janet's hearing issues continue to run amok.  On Saturday, deaf Janet had lunch with Monie and Lolo.  Monie had just been to a Greek wedding where they love to throw plates.  She mentioned they had broken 500 plates at the wedding.  What Deaf Janet heard was they had roasted 500 pigs.  Incredulous that so many people would be at one wedding, Janet asked how many had attended.  Monie said about 300.  Janet, still in No Mans Land says, but that's 1 and a half pigs each person!?!  They all killed themselves laughing...or so Janet thinks as she could barely hear anything.

More bounty from the ranch - potatoes!  Janet's first successful crop.
Speaking of plantations, check out Jer's banana tree!  This started as one banana tree from Costco for $20.
Our basil crop is kind of sad this year as Janet bought the wrong variety.  The leaves are much smaller, so Janet didn't make nearly as much pesto as she had hoped.  Still looks pretty good.
We are shade loving doggies:
Here is my imitation of a German Shepherd.  Wouldn't it be fun to be a Police doggie and help catch criminals?
Seriously, Janet...use the auto focus!  Even I know better.




No comments:

Post a Comment