Monday, November 21, 2016

A Tiny Visitor Pops Over!

Finn Man and his handlers came for a quick visit on the 11 November long weekend.

Janet and I went for a big walk that took us around the front of the Oak Bay Cenotaph.  There were a ton of people and puppy dogs there.
Now that Finley is more than three years old, Janet says he is super helpful.

He grocery shops:
He scans the groceries at the self check out.
Phil and Finley went to the grocery store by themselves one morning and Phil was shocked that Finely knew how to scan the groceries.  He asked Meg, but she said she had never shown him.
He gives me cookies.  I really, really wish I could get him alone in the kitchen without any troublesome adults around.  I know he wouldn't limit me to one cookie!  Phil thinks I should be slim and trim, but I'm OK with what Briana calls the dump truck look.
He even washes lettuce!
All these chores were tuckering out a little guy, so we had some down time as well.

Meg likes the slide as she knows that unlike the Bouncy Castle, it won't collapse!
They also went for a hair cut.  Phil says this is a pretty cool place as they have a "Treat Wall"!  Finley is a little dodgy on the "first" of anything.  For instance, you could say "Finely, would you like...."  Answer is "No", even though he doesn't know what you are offering.  It could be a bag of candy, could be a large plate of broccoli.  The first offer of the "Treat Wall" was also greeted with a resounding no, but second time around, he didn't hesitate.
He is thinking "does this cut suit the shape of my face?"

Oh, yeah!  It works.  Bring on the Treat Wall!
As Janet and Phil are going to Spain in December, they felt it prudent to do some research and went to Chorizo for tapas on Friday night.
Shrimp, Potatoes and Broccoli with Ham and Chorizo sausage with honey.

The star of the meal - Clams with White Beans and Slow Cooked Pork.  Gone in a heartbeat!
I'm getting a little worried as I heard the "P" word mentioned yesterday.  Could this mean something adorable, cute, fluffy and troublesome will be coming to our house?  They better not be passing this off as a gesture of kindness by acquiring a companion for me.  I, for sure, will give any newcomers the cold shoulder.  Until I crack and break down to be nice.

Nestling up with a hard plastic dump truck does not have the same cachet as my teddy bear.
That's better.  Good night and thanks for stopping by.







No comments:

Post a Comment