Thursday, December 15, 2011

Block Party

Every Christmas for the past several years, Janet and Phil have held the Monteith Street Christmas Block Party.  There was an exception two years ago when I had my ligament surgery and people couldn't come into the house and get me all excited.  I was contained in a corral!  Not to mention, all the scatter rugs all over the house so I wouldn't slip - Janet felt obligated to explain to everyone, including virtual strangers that our house doesn't normally look this this.  Talk about anal!

At any rate, every year Janet says she is not doing that gosh darned (trust me, those are not her words, but I'm only nine and not allowed to use bad language) party, and every year she does it again. Not sure if she has a dictionary, but she may want to look up Glutton.  For.  Punishment.

This is me helping Janet make a cheesecake for said party.  Apparently, it's not too much of a problem that I am right beneath the mixer as Janet never asks me to move.  A bonus, is falling treats, because truth be known, she is a very messy cook!

Janet got this recipe from Aunt T, and has been making this cheesecake  longer than I have been around.  She says it's so easy as you bake it in the oven for 30 minutes, shut the oven off and go to bed.  In the morning, viola!  Perfect cheesecake with no cracks.  Not sure what we are doing for a topping, but I hope I get to help again.  Remember how my brother was bragging about how he got the walks and meals orchestrated.....where is he in all of the festive goings on?  I helped with the tree and now the party!






No comments:

Post a Comment