Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pashy Is Back At The Keyboard!

I'm back, guys!  Noodles and Rockers are really old and are super easy to boss around.  Not that I want to take advantage, but I wonder if I can get them to give me their bank card PINS?  Or, what if I explained to them that I have inherited some money that is located in Nigeria and just need their bank accounts to free up the money for "us"?

Look, it's a trifecta of doggies!
That's me in the very back.
Noodles lives to pick up pieces of kelp and gets on her snappy doggy walk whenever she finds some.
This was a pretty long piece of kelp, so her snappy walk was some what inhibited.
All three of us discovered a new activity.....watching Phil sharpen knives!  Was it really all that riveting or is it a case of never having him seen him do it before?
Yesterday, Janet walked us by ourselves, so she took Noodles and Rockers first.  I waited patiently by the door for my turn and then it was "hosta la vista, babies"! See ya later suckers!

I have this really clever way of making a cute little growling noise, under my breath; kind of like talking.  Janet is such a sucker, she falls for it every time!  This is Phils turn to take an out of focus photo.
Unfortunately for Janet, I have shorty bum legs, so my slim and trim tummy is quite close to the ground.  As a result, I drag home alot of grit and dirty rain water.

Janet's photographic skills are weak on moving puppy leg!
Christmas is officially over for the Municipality of Oak Bay.  They are removing all the Christmas lights.  We still have our outside lights up, so apparently Phil has not received the memo.
Janet is on a new cooking gig....soup!  She says her soup repertoire is indeed very weak.  For years, she only made Corn Chowder, that our children refer to as Milk Soup.  Now she is indeed, branching out.  Two new soups this week...both from The Pioneer Woman.  Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Hamburger Soup.  She said both were delicious!
On a side note, this year Janet and her daughters, by accident, did not participate in "The We All Buy Each Other The Same Cookbook Christmas Scheme".  This years book would have been The Pioneer Woman's "Holiday Cookbook".  Only Janet was fortunate enough to receive one.  Many a good cookbook has participated in this holiday tradition.

Plus, Rustic Bread from their new favourite bakery, Leaven.







4 comments:

  1. I can't believe these doggies have not managed to take a decent picture yet with their new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, try the celery soup in the Bonnie Stern essentials. So good and SO easy. Also, Derek can't say enough good things about the pioneer woman's cauliflower soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I hear the words Derek, good and cauliflower in the same sentence? Must be a typo!

      Delete
    2. Not a typo, just heavy sarcasm!

      Delete