Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Janet's Quilting Action Takes A Beating!

Janet is a fair weather gardener.  If there is even a hint of potential rain, she calls it off and quilts instead.  Unfortunately, the weather here has been nothing short of sensational!

They hadn't purchased compost for three years and decided it was time to do so.  Janet ordered  1 1/2 yards and then consulted with Holli, Gardener as to how much she needed.  Holli said 5 yards!  That was far too much for Janet to wrap her head around, so she upped her order to 3 yards.

It was delivered by a nice man who takes his doggie, Chloe to work.  She is 10 years old and the Nice Man figures Chloe has gone on about 3200 deliveries!
I wish I could be a go to work doggie like Chloe!
On Good Friday, while everyone else is enjoying Easter activities, they buckled down and started shoveling.    Karen happened to be walking by and then went home and came back with her wheelbarrow and shovel.
Look at me - helping out with the gardening again and being so well behaved.


Turns out my being well behaved was short lived as I caught a glimpse of Olly, next door neighbour kitty.
Janet made me go back behind the gate.  I resisted and tried to stare her down, but she wasn't buying it.  Once behind the gate, I gave her several "if you know what's good for you" barks, but she held firm.  Finally I had to resort to what I thought would be heart melting crying -  all to no avail.
As if Janet hadn't had enough fun with the compost, she power washed the patio next door.

Look!  Coming to a baseball diamond near our home - they've cleaned it all up which can only mean one thing.  Baseball season!
Janet says she is going to keep an accurate count of how many balls I find this year.
Frank and Shirley asked Janet and Phil to go out for dinner at The King and Thai, which is very close to our house.  Fool hardy Janet was sure it was going to be Thai food, but it turned out she was wrong and it was Chinese Hot Pot.  Delicious!
Spicy broth on the left hand side.

An unbelievable turn of events at our house.  Janet finally gets a mobile that isn't somebodies piece of shit crap hand me down.  Janet's current phone beeps all day long to let her know she is in a service area.
iPhone 6!
Think my teddy bear and I will take a little break.  This blogging business is exhausting!






No comments:

Post a Comment