Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Brother

I think if my brother were a small child going to school, he might be labeled "special needs".  He is really cute and could care less about some things and goes nuts over other things.  Phil puts his collar on this way sometimes and the only guy that seems to care is Janet.  She doesn't like it when Phil makes fun of Rockers.
See how sweet and kind his eyes and face are?  I hate to admit it, but he is a really great brother.  We sleep together often and use each others backs to rest our heads while relaxing.
Rockers doesn't know this yet, but he has to have surgery tomorrow.  The only reason I know this is because I had the same surgery 2 1/2 years ago, so I recognize key words like "fasting", "ligament surgery", "no walks", etc.  The key phrase that sticks out in Janet's mind is "pieces of crappy carpet all over the house", but it goes without saying (?) that she doesn't mind.  Janet is a super trooper!
I am doing my best to console him.

You can see how he has so little weight on his right back paw.
Janet is a tad bit worried about tomorrow morning.  Remember how Rocker's likes to get the breakfast machine in motion the moment Janet gets up?  He can't eat in the morning due his surgery.  Janet can't stay in bed until 11:30AM which is when he is supposed to arrive at the vets and she doesn't think she can listen to him bark for 4 hours.  This is stressful stuff!
OK....OK...perhaps all of us aren't stressed out.  Rockers is at major peace!

3 comments:

  1. Hope the surgery goes well, but I'm sure at least Corrigan has no clue anything is going on!

    ReplyDelete