Saturday, June 30, 2012

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks since I came home from what I was lead to believe was an appointment for acupuncture.  Phil drove me out yesterday and once we arrived, I was looking all over the place for Dr. Smith.  Tricked again!  Dr. Smith is on vacation, so clearly no acupuncture was happening.  Another doctor looked at my leg, gave me my shot and we were out of there.

Jeremy and Phil finished the last of the yard tasks for next Saturday.  The last task was putting the closure back on the gate beside the garage.  Before they got around to fixing it, look what Naughty Noodles did:
Janet had a bag of soil propped against the gate to prevent it from opening.  Noodles dug and pulled on the bag to get it out of the way so she could open the gate.  She went next door to see Pixie.  Who knew Noodles could be so smart and who knew she liked Pixie?  Too bad I'm trapped in one of my enclosures as I also would have liked to visit Pixie.
She was pooped out after all that excitement.  One of Pixie's people, Vince brought Noodles home.
We heard Janet tell Phil to enjoy the last day or so of peace and quiet, so that can only mean everyone will be starting to arrive for Meg and Derek's wedding.  I'm really hoping my surgery won't toss me out of the Ring Pup gig.  I can walk pretty well and Phil helps me down the stairs with my special little sling.
Looks better, don't you think?  My fur is starting to grow back in, although I have to admit there is a ways to go in the fur department.  You can hardly see my incision anymore!           
Phil is so busy watching the Tour de France, he's not paying attention to the fact that I need to go to the bathroom....now!  Janet pointed out to Phil that all the crowds at the finish line in the Tour de France were identical to all the crowds at the finish line in the Tour de Victoria.  We can't decide if Janet is telling a big lie, or if by the time she finished the bike ride she was delusional.
What does a guy have to do to get their attention?  Phil on the TV and you can see Janet's morning set up in the background - two lattes, two newspapers, two iPads and the laptop.


No comments:

Post a Comment