Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Welcome!

Come on in and welcome to "Pashy's Slimming Spa and Retreat"!  We went to see Dr. Smith on Monday, and guess what!  I have lost 9 pounds since I arrived.  Dr. Smith was pretty chuffed and told Phil he thought this was excellent.  I bet Tub O' Lards Janet and Phil wish they could say the same!  Dr. Smith also said Noodles is in good shape "for her age".  Not too sure what that means.  Phil said it was the strangest thing...first he took me into the vet and left Noodles in the car.  He went back to get her with a cookie that she wouldn't eat.  He said she was busting a gut to get inside the clinic.  We were in the same room where Noodles went with Rockers for the last time and Phil said she was going nuts and being hyper active.  Janet thinks she remembers Rockers going there and can smell him in the room.

My slim trim tummy and shapely hips.
You may think this particular photo has been posted before, but this is new.  Janet is such a sucker for my upside down sleeping jobbie that she takes many, many photos.
Janet and I cut through the park to go to the Ave. to buy some hamburger buns.  I beat my puppy dog butt over to the meeting of the "Pashyminders Mutual Admiration Society".  They adore me!

They installed some art in front of Oak Bay Municipal Hall.
But this one is our favourite!
It's called "Old Dog" and reminds us of our lovely Mr. Rockers.  Tomorrow will mark 18 weeks since Rockers died...not that Janet is missing him too much!
Last night, Phil was so busy working that we didn't go for our evening walk until really late.  Noodles declined to go. 
Have fun....I am going to stay on the sofa.
Then, this morning for the first time in a really long time, she went with Janet and I.  We went down to the park as that is Noodles favourite place to go.

See that cute doggie in the distance?  His owner was throwing a ball for him.  We were on the far side of the park and despite Janet's best efforts to intervene, I took off like a Pashy bullet and snatched the ball!  Score one for me!  I very nicely took it back to the man and sat down at his feet and let him know how proud I was.  I did not, however, give up the ball.  Janet had to pry it from my mouth and as the man did not appear to be at all understanding, Janet was pretty embarrassed.  So much so, that she forgot to wipe my doggie drool off the ball before handing it back.

That's why the photo is taken from a distance.'s 
When Meg and Derek were here, Meg bought a stand up paddle board.
And they went out for dinner for their second Wedding Anniversary.
They sure look nice, but who is the jackass in the background?
That's it....we are calling it a day.







1 comment:

  1. A friend was just telling me a story about a dog that was an infamous ball-thief. He would steal balls from other dogs at the lake & then go swimming in the lake for as long as it took for the other dog to give up. He once stayed in the water for one hour. Eventually the thief's owner just started bringing extra balls to the park & would just hand them over to the other dogs once his dog absconded with the stolen ball!

    ReplyDelete